Thursday, August 23, 2012

A few notes about the past couple weeks.  First a picture of Janet (now known as Sister Mendenhall) and me (aka Elder Mendenhall, I'm not sure why they have to rub it in that I'm the older one.  I guess it's a test of some kind) entering the MTC.

Well the Experience is interesting first we go to meetings and then we eat then we go to some training then we eat.  This pattern is repeated day after day until one begins to wonder, about life after the MTC.  When we entered the MTC Janet took a picture of me walking down the stairs, the following is a picture of me coming from the lobby.
The first week was interesting as we learned about "Preach my Gospel".  The young Sisters and Elders are really amazing in their approach and spirit as they teach the old folks.  Well after about a week of eating and sitting to learn the principles of Preach My Gospel, over and over I had Janet take another picture as I was exiting the missionary dinning room.  I think I gained a few pounds.     Aaron told me not to worry that I would lose it as soon as I got to the Mission.  I hope I'll be back to normal soon after I arrive.  I wonder what the young Elder is looking at?

Each day as we left the MTC to come home we would talk about the happening of the week, that was a great source of inspiration Janet is a great missionary.  One evening when we got home I was doing my usual inspection of the yard and I saw something in the garden, when I went out I found 3 escaped cabbage patch children hiding in the corn.  Not wanting anyone to think I was seeing things I took a picture:  There they were as plain as day 3 little cabbage kids.  
One of the great things that happened at the MTC was going through the first week with Janet's aunt Pat and her husband Glenn.  We were in classes with them every day and it was very cool...
As we get closer to the departure time I think of things I will miss, besides family, my buddy H and the Whites who are an inspiration to me.  Thanks to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Your such a goof ball! What did you stuff down your shirt? Napal will be lucky to have someone there to lighten their life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we know that when Teresa reads your blog she won't get teary eyes -- unless she's choked up with laughter!

    ReplyDelete