Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Home to Kathmandu - Where's the luggage? "And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord hast not forsaken them that seek thee."

I mentioned that we were on the way back to Kathmandu, but we had a layover at the Riverside resort.  At the resort we had some more experiences that need to be told, albeit, they were solely Janet's experiences.  While we were eating a rat ran across the dining room floor, no big deal, right?  Well, much to Janet's chagrin I told her about it, bad call.  



So on the way back Janet was like the woman in the movie Parent Trap when she was trying to ward off the critters with the sticks.  Imagine Janet walking through the jungle, which it is, with a flashlight waving back and forth to scare the rats.  That was only the beginning!  Once safely locked in our bungalow, and having dutifully checked closets and under the bed and every other place a rat could hide, if one had encroached our quarters, it was time for bed.  Did I mention that our beds are on the ground, the mattresses being filled with coconut hair pounded 'til soft, at least that is the idea.  I got into bed, which by the way, was a single size bed, oh the glorious days of Ricky and Lucy,  and Janet prepared for her retirement.  In she went and I was fast asleep, when much to my astonishment a mighty scream, well maybe a little one "Kent!, Kent!, Kent!", awakened by this I looked at Janet and there she was sitting up in her bed pointing, she had been sleeping with a huge bug.  Like she says "She can do hard things. 







 Next morning, rested and prepared to go we saw one of the maids  getting ready for the morning rounds.












We arrived in Kathmandu City and drove directly to the Hospital for a visit.  We were greeted By Ravi and his research team for the tour.  





This baby is wrapped snuggled in his blankets.
















These you would think were twins they are not,  there are just not enough enough beds to put these children.  The mothers of these babies possibly had some medical issues so they are put in the nursery until the mom is healthy enough to take the baby home.  












The following pictures are of babies that have their own health issues and you will notice that the facilities are more up to date.  This picture is two newborns sharing the bed.














This baby is one very tiny one.  I asked Dr. Clark to estimate the baby's weight he said about 1 to 2 lbs.


We finished the hospital and headed for home and much needed rest.





On the way home Janet called Rukmina to see if there was anything new on her luggage and they said they thought they had it there and to go to the airport to check.  Janet took a taxi (tuc-tuc) with Rukmina to the airport.  The luggage was not there, again!  The airport asked Janet again to describe the bag and when she did they said that they had a black bag in Paris and then they itemized some of the contents in it,  Whooppee!!! they were a match!  They said that the bag would leave Paris that night and we could possibly get them the next evening after eight.

The next day is Saturday and of course worship day and the airport was closed.

Next day Sunday morning we asked Rukmina to call and check for us.  Yeah, it should arrive 2:00 pm.  Again Rukmina called at 2:00 and they said the bag was there.  This time Rukmina and I took a taxi to the airport to pick up the luggage.  I talked to the airport person and he told me to look for it in a certain area.  It was not there!  So he took me to another place, not there.  In the room I was looking I saw about 500 pieces of lost or misplaced luggage, that is really another story.

I went back out to his desk and he looked it up on he computer, finally, and said to look again, which I did.  I looked again and spied a piece of luggage made by Skyway which was blue and very broken, I asked if I could look inside, which I did and, Hark the hearld angles sang, there it was before me in living color, BLUE.  They kept telling us it was a black bag, and so I was looking for a black bag as well.

Next chapter-Things to do, people to see, places to go.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Kent....you guys are just having the time of your life right! Who knew Nepal could be so fun....glad you got Janet's clothes...Beautiful pictures...amazing world! Thanks for all you're doing...I'm just on the verge of tears seeing those babies!....Sherrie Ross

    ReplyDelete